FUE Hair Transplant
The human hair grows in follicles containing anywhere between one to four strands of hair. The transplant method involves taking the follicles from the healthier area of the patient’s scalp (donor site) and transplanting it into the affected area (recipient site). The treatment can be carried out by two methods.
- Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT) – here a portion of the scalp is taken from the donor area, hair follicles are then extracted from this strip and grafted or attached to the donor site.
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) – As explained by a senior practitioner conducting FUE hair transplant in Jaipur, FUE differs from FUT in the fact that no strip is extracted. Instead the follicles are extracted one by one from the donor site and are grafted on to the recipient area.
Types of Hair Transplant
As is clear from the above explanation FUE is a less invasive method and there are a number of doctors recommending FUE hair transplant in Jaipur. Some of the major advantages of FUE are
- Minimally Invasive – As FUE is the lesser invasive method of hair transplant, it requires a much smaller downtime for the patient. The pain may be much lesser when compared to FUT as no strips are removed and hence no stitches are required. The doctors however, do prescribe pain-relieving medicines.
- Minimal Scarring – As a senior doctor performing FUE treatment in Jaipur explains, since the method involves extremely small punches to extract individual follicles, the scarring is minimum.
- Natural Hairline – Since the follicular extraction is done from the patient’s own scalp, the resulting hair growth is same as the remaining in terms of colour and texture, giving a completely natural look to the transplanted hair.
A leading surgeon performing FUE hair transplant in Jaipur explains how the procedure is actually carried out. Before deciding on a procedure, visit a hair specialist for consultation. There are many good doctors who carry out FUE hair therapy in Jaipur along with other techniques. Once the doctor examines your individual case, they will identify whether you are a good candidate for FUE. Only when the doctor has suggested this as a line of treatment for you, will you be required to undergo the actual procedure.
During the procedure, the doctor will numb the scalp using local anaesthesia. Then, they will start extracting the follicles one by one from the donor site. The extraction is done using a small, cylindrical instrument. Depending on the requirement, the follicles may need further refinement to ensure the quality is up to the desired level. These follicles known as grafts are chilled to insulate them from bacteria or any other possible cause of infection. These grafts are then attached onto the recipient site.
As the doctor needs to repeat this activity for each individual follicle, it is a fairly time-consuming procedure as any doctor carrying out FUE treatment in Jaipur will tell you. Once, sufficient number of follicles are transplanted, the doctor will clean the area with an antiseptic.
A major decision criteria for any patient as to whether they should undergo the FUE hair treatment in Jaipur or elsewhere is the cost of the entire treatment. If you want a fixed answer to the question, how much does FUE hair transplant cost in Jaipur, unfortunately there are no straightforward answers. The FUE hair transplant cost in Jaipur or any other city for that matter depends on a number of factors including
- The availability of the donor area
- The number of follicular grafts needed for you
- The experience of the doctor
- The medical facility and the support staff
As the procedure in itself is minimally invasive, the downtime required is very less. However, there are a number of precautions your doctor will advise immediately after you have undergone the best FUE hair transplant in Jaipur or any other city. The precautions that may be required are
- Cover the scalp to avoid any infection from dust or other allergens
- Avoid extreme physical exercises for at least up to a week
- Do not life any heavy weights
- Take complete rest and avoid exertion
As a leading surgeon carrying out FUE hair transplant in Jaipur assures, you can resume your daily activities within a week. However, you need to remember, the transplanted hair will fall off within 3-6 months of the treatment. The actual natural hair will grow after the transplanted hair falls off. Hence, it can take anywhere between 6 months to a year for the results of the treatment to be fully visible.
Let’s Be Social:
GET IN TOUCH WITH